Sunday 13 November 2011

Script - The Bus

Bit more of a slice-of-life one this, done in response to a tweet from Katrin Salyers (@areslinkysart). Again, and anyone who wants to illustrate this and take a shot at it, please do so.

Quick bit of preamble for this one - I'm basing this on me at 13/14. I had long dark hair, usually in a ponytail, and was pretty slim at the time, if you want to make it more about me. If not, don't worry - take liberties.

In the same vein, this can be in any location you want, with as much or as little detail. But if you want to base it on reality, the bus pickup point was where the kid is walking in this picture, and it then goes through the countryside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WiresInDaingean2.JPG.

Page 1

Panel 1

Exterior of a school bus. Kids are getting on - there's quite a large number of them.

Caption
I hated the ride to school.

Caption
School was seven miles away, and all the kids in the village got the only bus.

Caption
I was English in an Irish school. It wasn't fun.

Panel 2

We close in on a girl waiting to get on. She has blonde hair tied back, is shy and carries extra books with her school bag.

Caption 
Her name was Emma. Some days, she was the only thing that stopped me deliberately missing the bus and hitching in.

Page 2

Panel 1

Interior of the bus, with kids taking seats.

Caption
I used to try to time it to sit near her.

Panel 2
She looks up, smiling.

EMMA
This one's free.

Panel 3
Our intrepid hero sits next to her, looking bolt straight ahead.

HERO
(small) hi.

Caption
This time, I was going to pluck up the courage to talk to her.

Page 3

Panel 1

Our hero looks down a little bit.

HERO
howareyouyouokay?

Panel 2

Emma looks at him.

EMMA
Sorry?

Panel 3

Back to our hero.

HERO
....you okay?

Panel 4

Back to Emma.

EMMA
Fine, thanks. You?

Panel 5

Close in on our hero. He's staring straight ahead.

Caption
Yes, I'm fine, and would you like to go out sometime?

Panel 6

Close in on our hero. Still staring straight ahead, not moving.

HERO
fine. thanks.

Page 4

Panel 1

Emma starts reading a book.

Caption
Would you like to go out with me?

Panel 2

Our hero keeps pulls out a book as well.

Panel 3

He looks up from the book.

Caption
I can do this.

Panel 4

He looks at her.

HERO
Emma?

Panel 5

She looks back at him, again with a sweet smile.

EMMA
Yeah?

Panel 6

Our hero opens his mouth.

Caption
I think I'm in love with you.

Page 5

Panel 1

Shot of the two of them.

HERO
What time is it?

Panel 2

A shot from the back of the bus.

Caption
There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment